Sunday, May 24, 2015

Carrie + Eric | Quad Cities Wedding Photographers | Muscatine Geneva Golf Club



C a r r i e  +  E r i c
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND WEDDING


Do you ever wake up + just say "Ugh, I don't want to do my job today?"
(Please don't stop reading here, you have to read the story to get this... I LOVED yesterday's wedding, I'm over the moon excited even.)

That's kind of how yesterday was for me, not because I didn't want to photograph this wedding - actually, on the contrary I was looking forward to this wedding. I had been checking the weather + it looked like it was going to be the perfect day (it was!), I knew I was photographing at Geneva Golf Club which always has amazing lighting (lots of natural light, which is PERFECT for photographs), I knew that I was also photographing at St. Mary + Mathias Catholic church + I'd just done a wedding there the weekend before, so I knew what to expect + how to make that beautiful church work for me + most importantly I knew that Carrie + Eric were my type of couple.

By my type of couple, I mean laid back, easy going, fun, kind - just people who don't take things too seriously. I need that because I am a direct sort of person when I am photographing a wedding, who also has a huge heart + cares a lot about each couple's portraits. The more care free it is, the BETTER the portraits are. ALWAYS! And honestly, the easier it is for me to focus.

But for some reason, yesterday morning I woke up just feeling entirely unmotivated to get the ball rolling.

That changed the second two things happened.

1. I bought a poppy from a veteran, donated $5.00 + immediately began to cry. (Yes literally after I'd just spent an hour doing my makeup!) My grandfather passed away last year + he always had the poppie he'd purchased in his car + of course, it reminded me of him + he was a veteran. The odd thing though was that after that, I really began to get my head back in the game + I really feel like that moment brought some luck my way. I wore the poppy that made me cry all day + it made me feel a thousand times better.

2. When I got there, Carrie had pulled up about 5 mins after me and as she was walking up all I saw was her smiling face waving at me. Instantly I gained back my enthusiasm for her wedding.

Because she is a genuinely kind human being.
+ those kind of people bring out the best in all of us.

Anyway, short story long - not only did I walk away feeling more motivated, I feel like I was actually a bit more on my game yesterday than I have been all year - which is not to say I haven't had great portraits from every wedding, I just walked away genuinely feeling proud ... which is not something that we overly anxious people do. So I may just keep that poppy around for good luck! 

Okay okay, here's the portraits, I'll stop rambling!
















For more weddings by Crystal Broussard Photography :

No comments:

Post a Comment