Monday, August 3, 2015

Sarah & Brody | Galesburg, IL Wedding

S a r a h  +  B r o d y
8.1.15

www.crystalbroussardphotography.com

I had time Saturday to sit down and read the story (thus far) of Sarah & Brody, each table had a book filled with illustrations & a poem about the bride & groom. First of all, as a person who writes and paints/draws portraits as well as has a career in an art related field, I was thoroughly impressed with these books. I thought, "I wonder where they had these made, this is such a unique idea." It was simple, yet simultaneously one-of-a-kind.

Which I discovered, or through my own perception, this is kind of how Sarah & Brody are as a couple.

Turns out, the book was illustrated by the groom's mother & the poem that told the story was written by his sister. At this point in my career, I've attended nearly 50 weddings & I have never once seen anything like this book.

Up until the day of the wedding, I actually hadn't met Brody & had only interacted with Sarah & her mother. Because of distance, school, and busy schedules for us all, we weren't able to meet before the wedding & I was walking into this wedding having never actually spoken to the groom. Normally. this is a pretty jarring experience because you have these expectations about how awkward it's going to be and what if there is something about this person that you weren't able to prepare yourself for & so on, etc. Thankfully, Brody is a very warm & inviting person, which I guess I should have expected because so is Sarah.

In fact, everyone I spoke with at this wedding had this sort of aura of gratitude about them. Including both Sarah & Brody's parents, siblings, friends, & family. Overall it was a very wholesome atmosphere, in fact I photograph 8 hour days nearly every Saturday & very few feel like the time just came & went in a graceful fashion. This was one of those days. It was very laid back, the bride & groom were perfectly okay stepping away from the reception to catch the sunset which resulted in my favorite portraits of their wedding.

Okay, before I go on writing another novel... thank you again SO MUCH Sarah & Brody for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day. Wish you nothing but the best & I hope you enjoy this sneak peek I put together for you!

xoxo

Crystal Broussard
























No comments:

Post a Comment