Sunday, June 7, 2015

Danielle + Jimmy | Rustic Iowa Farm Wedding


D a n i e l l e  +  J i m m y
6.6.15


Where do I begin?
Well, let's start with the fact that it is currently actually 4AM while I'm writing this.

Yes, really.

I decided to do a sneak peek for this wedding + I got carried away. I think it is safe to say that this is one of my biggest sneak peeks to date. I think I've learned more in the last three weeks than I have in a long time. I'll spare you the boring details, but let's just say that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I haven't had a very good week, awful seems like the most appropriate term, really.  Yeah yeah, wah wah wah...

Regardless, I refuse to ever take that to work with me.

I was happier today (or, I guess yesterday?) than I have been in the last seven days. In fact I was quite literally eons away from how I'd felt in the days leading up to this wedding. None of which had anything at all with this wedding & I guess one could argue my nonsensical approach to discussing things that don't even pertain to this event, eh.... the point is - it made me SO happy to be a part of this wedding.

& literally not just because I appreciated SO many things about this wedding, which I'll get to, but BECAUSE it brought me out of the funk I was in.

I could tell from the moment that Danielle gave her bridesmaids their gifts that pictures were held to a very high regard for her. Everyone received gifts that included portraits of some sort & the response that the portraits gained was touching, even eye opening. It was interesting to see the impact that a portrait has on... well, everyone.

So in a sense, it helped me to see. What I am doing matters.

Before I photographed this wedding today (or yesterday, since you'll be reading this on Sunday), I said to a friend "This is my type of wedding. It's a great couple. it's rustic, it's all natural light, yadda yadda yadda... I KNOW I will love this wedding."

What I didn't know... (yes, I'm almost done - if you're new here, I write novels...)
Is just HOW much I'd love it.

WHY?

Because holy details! This was a meticulous girl's dream. I could tell that so much thought went in to everything. Literally, like everything. But when you put in the work with all these seemingly minor details, what you end up with is a truly one of a kind, unique, and most importantly individualized wedding.

& above all else, because Jimmy & Danielle have a connection that is absolutely infectious. 

>>>
Alright, if you made it this far - THANK YOU, congratulations again.

Enjoy your sneak peek!

XOXO

Crystal Broussard

































Ready to book your wedding with Crystal Broussard Photography?

Call us: 563.554.1032
E-mail Us: crystal.broussard@live.com
Check out our website: www.crystalbroussardphotography.com 
& like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/crystalbroussardphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment