Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summitt Family | Lifestyle Portraits & The Wild Thing

S u m m i t t  F a m i l y
Lifestyle Portraits & The Wild Thing


<<<

You ever meet someone and just think to yourself "Hmm, yes.. I am going to like you!"?

Well, that's basically how I felt about Meghan the first time I talked to her on the phone and well once she declared herself a Pearl Jam fan I was more than certain that I would most probably like this gal.

Walking in to The Wild Thing, where Meghan has an adorable booth set up. Wait, let's back up - Have I plugged this shop enough?! Seriously, GO THERE!!! Oh my gosh, heaven on earth for vintage lovers, what a great shop - seriously. & besides, shop local - ALWAYS!!

Anyway, as I was saying... when I walked in, I had only spoken to Meghan on the phone, so I really had only those expectations & it's strange but usually a few things happen when I meet someone that did not happen today.

1. I usually put out my hand, introduce myself & state "It's nice to meet you."
2. I suffer through the momentary, usually brief (thankfully!), awkwardness that accompanies having never met someone before & then carry on.

Instead, it was completely comfortable communicating with her & at no point in the entire evening did I feel any level of awkward... not even a smidgen of awkward, I didn't extend my hand because really once I talked to her it kind of just felt like I already knew her & the gesture didn't even occur to me at the time. I'd just walked into the shop, she showed me her booth - showed me around the shop, which I immediately fell in love with. Giggled a bit at the sign that read:

"No large purses or handbags downstairs: don't steal our shit!"

(or something like that)

& went about my job. Which was... SO easy. For a moment I actually thought to myself "is this actually work? It doesn't feel like it."

For the record, it is not always easy.

So after taking a few portraits with Meghan and her sincerely breathtakingly beautiful daughter Vivian at Meghan's booth, we went to her home for family portraits with the rest of the family. Which was equally easy!

The decor in the Summitt home is so inviting & so... (well, I think anyway) ... Meghan! (Just based on seeing her booth & talking to her a bit.) Actually, side note, I left there today thinking "Man, I should take some tips on her decorating ... she's GOOD!" Anyway, this is when I met Jason & Ryan, who were also very easy to communicate with, very inviting, Ryan was very much a boy - I have one of my own, therefore I recognize boy-isms.

Anyway, the whole reason for wanting lifestyle portraits in their home is because it will soon be going on the market & they wanted to cherish/preserve the memories that had taken place in their home. Which, I think is wonderful & do recommend!

A lot of times, wow.... I'm totally just writing another book right now... Hey, if photography doesn't work out, perhaps I'll just write novels.... I'm nearly on my way to being a novelist at the rate I've been going lately anyway.

Uh... so as I was saying .. A lot of times, or about half of the time, "candid" portraits in which the intent is to be candid whilst knowing there's a photographer present are awkward. That really wasn't the case for this family at all - they just did their thing, allowed me to photograph & it was really laid back, really comfortable, never was there a moment when I really had to give any definitive direction... which is usually the point behind lifestyle portraits, but seldom the reality.

When I left Jason said to me "Thank you, that was one of the funnest portrait sessions I think we've had." (Or something along those lines, I'm not good with quoting verbatim) & both Meghan & myself were life... "WOW, now that is a compliment!"

& it sincerely is. My demographic is women, nearly 100%. Like... 99.9% of the time, I'm marketing to women, I'm selling to women, and WOMEN are dragging the men along for the ride. So when a man, who's being pulled into the woman's vision, says that he had fun whilst being pulled along for the ride - you KNOW it was a great session!

& with that... & without further ado (though you probably already scrolled passed my book), or my babbling.

Here's a look at their portraits!

ENJOY!!

xoxo

Crystal Broussard

>>>

Meghan's Booth : The Wild Thing
Vivian's Dress : Leo&Lola
























Ready to book your lifestyle portraits with Crystal Broussard Photography?

Call // 563.554.1032
E-mail // crystal.broussard@live.com
Website // www.crystalbroussardphotography.com



2 comments:

  1. That was so fun, Meghan is truly one of a kind, such a generous, beautiful soul and her family is beautiful as well...what an awesome idea for portraits...thank you so much for sharing and for the plug for our store.

    Sharon(the Wild Thing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! I completely agree & you're welcome! Love the store!!

      Delete